The Northgate Pharmacy was built to support the newly built surgery situated adjacent. The pharmacy includes flats overhead and was designed to restore the building line of Northgate area. The pharmacy supports the needs of the local community and has been a great success.
New facilities had become a necessity for the long established Watling Street Surgery which had occupied two medieval buildings in the centre of Canterbury since 1933.
Echoing the design of the surgery, the building is supported on a reinforced concrete raft foundation to avoid disturbing any underlying archaeological remains.
As Quantity Surveyors, we ensured that the scheme was on budget and has allowed the pharmacy to become an integral part of the medical centre and support the needs of the local community.