Betteridge & Milsom (B&M) is an independent provider of Construction Consultancy. This Privacy Notice explains how we store and use personal data collected
- What data do we collect?
- How will your personal data be used?
- Who will personal data be shared with and why?
- How long will we keep your personal data for?
- How can you check/update your information?
- Is any personal data stored or processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA)?
- How to contact us
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
What personal data is collected?
We collect personal data from potential, current and former clients/suppliers and other individuals with an interest in the property and construction industry to fulfil our stated purposes. The data routinely collected usually includes some of or all the following: Contact Name, Company Name, Office Address, Job Title, Telephone Number(s) and Email Address. All your personal data will be placed on our Client Relationship Management (CRM) system.
Further information may be received if you apply for a position here at B&M or attend an interview.
We do not collect any personal data from third party data vendors and do not sell any data to these organisations.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide B&M with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- You commission a service or you are nominated as a contact point for a project
- We/You provide a quote or tender for work
- We purchase a product or service from a supplier
- You give us your business card or contact us via email, social media or our website
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Our Company may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Via memberships of industry bodies (i.e. Kent Invicta Chamber)
How will your personal data be used?
We use the personal data collected to meet our contractual obligations and undertake/manage your project. It is used in a way we believe you should reasonably expect which does not materially impact your rights, freedom, or interests.
We securely store your data within our servers, which are protected by the latest technologies to minimise the risk of breaches.
How long will we keep your personal data for?
We will retain the data you give us for differing periods of time dependent on the reason you have supplied it to us and whether there is a need to retain the data. All such time frames are guided by industry best practice and other relevant legislation. For example, we keep CVs on file for a period of 6 months before deleting.
What are your data protection rights?
- The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via
Telephone: 01227 471186
Or write to us:
FAO Practice Manager
Betteridge & Milsom Ltd, The Old Bakehouse, 18a Ivy Lane, Canterbury CT1 1TU
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our B&M has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
What types of cookies do we use?
Functionality – We use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address for analytical reasons only.
Is any personal data stored or processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA)?
We use secure cloud-based services for hosting the data but none of this infrastructure is knowingly based outside the EEA.
Privacy policies of other websites