Administrator / Receptionist
Salary: dependant on experience
We’re looking for a switched-on individual who can multi-task and be proactive in their duties, anticipating needs and professionally dealing with administrative tasks. This person will have a can-do attitude and be the first point of contact for people who get in touch with the business, so must be able to communicate confidently, assess situations and be quick, calm thinker. A willingness to take on new roles and responsibilities as the business evolves is key.
This role is likely to be offered on a temporary basis for the first three months, with a permanent role offered upon successful completion of the temporary period.
• Manage incoming calls professionally and effectively
• Meet and greet visitors in a professional and efficient manner
• Ensure the smooth running of the office
• Deal with post and deliveries
• Receive and manage company email inbox effectively and timely
• Management and maintenance of on-site and off-site filing systems
• Assist in maintaining all business portal accounts
• Undertake general administrative duties, typing, filing, printing, posting etc
• Manage booking of meeting rooms, food and refreshments etc.
• Purchase and manage all stationery and kitchen supplies
• Support health, safety, quality and environmental management activities
• Support the PM in marketing and business development activities
• Support the PM in preparation of tender documentation (SQ’s and ITTs)
• Support the PM with QMS and other accreditations
• Administrate the company’s e-tendering facility through use of ShareFile
• Liaise with IT support service provider regarding IT issues
• Administrative support for the QS team as required
• Undertake all other reasonable activities as requested by PM and/or Directors
The successful candidate will have:
• GCSE’s in Maths and English
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to work in a team
• Understanding of the construction industry and research skills would be an advantage, as would relevant administrative experience.
We are an Investors in People accredited company.
No suitable vacancy?
We also welcome speculative CVs and applications.
If you feel you have something to add to the team please forward your CV onto firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trainee, Graduate or looking for work experience? See below…